Welcome to the CONVERGE Training Modules!
Each module take 30-60 minutes to complete and features specific learning objectives and detailed lesson plans along with resources for further reading, analysis, and exploration. At the close of the module, you will have the opportunity to take a 10-question quiz. If you get 8 out of 10 questions correct, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for each module. Each completed CONVERGE Training Module is worth one contact hour of general management training through the International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM) certification program.
Upcoming Training Modules
We will notify you as these modules become available.
- Reciprocity in Field Research
- Social Science Methods and Approaches for Hazards and Disaster Research
- Interdisciplinary Methods and Approaches for Hazards and Disaster Research
- The Science of Team Science: Forming Interdisciplinary Teams for Hazards and Disaster Research
- Publishing Disaster Data, Data Collection Protocols, and Research Instruments
- Public Disaster Science: Best Practices for Sharing Hazards and Disaster Research
- Ethical Coordination with Locally-Affected Partners in Disaster Zones
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation, Division of Civil, Mechanical, and Manufacturing Innovation (CMMI), Program on Humans, Disasters, and the Built Environment (HBDE) (NSF Award #1841338) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the NSF or CDC.